Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Along: October Leaves

Ginny says: ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ 




I'm in Texas this week visiting a friend in Austin and later hanging out with my cousin in Dallas. As is always the case, although I have a million books I need to read at home I managed to get to the airport without anything to read on the plane and had to buy one in the airport gift shop. Luckily, The Immortal Life of Herietta Lacks is FINALLY in paperback! You can see my little Anderson Cooper cutout bookmark peeking out the top. I'm about half way through and LOVING this book.

I'm using Dream In Color Everlasting Sock in "basalt" to make some October Leaves Fingerless Mittens for a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, I really detest dpns & I ALSO managed to leave my circs at home. SIGH. I'm not sure this present is going to be made on time. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those mitts look really nice. I have yet to knit with DC sock yarn although I have made a few things with classy and smooshy. Isn't it always true that when we really need a book we don't have one!

Tanya said...

Thanks for linking to a blurb of the book - sounds really intersting!