Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bad Blogger

Sorry guys. I know I've been MIA for a while here. I've been mad busy, yo. I officially took over as the contact person for NET in my area. It's not a TON of work, except that I happened to take the reigns in the midst of the busy time. Tracking down very busy people, getting lots of paperwork together, trying to fill empty dates... it's fun but takes lots of time & thought.

I've also been trying to spend time with various friends who are scattered about Southern California. My BFF and I made some gift decisions. That's right- we don't just surprise each other with gifts, there are decisions to be made. For the second time in our 15 year friendship, we'll be giving each other Advent gifts. So starting 4 weeks prior to Christmas, we are giving each other a gift for EVERY day. Eek! We did this in High School & I think we kept costs down by saying half of them had to be handmade or something.

This year our rule is that each gift must fit in an envelope. Weird right? I'm not sure how that happened, but it's an interesting challenge. As you might expect, I am also making at least a few of the gifts. I'm working on the first now and have several thoughts brewing.

Here's some inspiration:



I'm thinking perhaps some bunting with her name for her office (she works with young people)



Some pretty little thing to hang from a doorknob or drawer pull



I could recreate this cozy in some fall (more BFF appropriate) colors

So there's 3... out of like 28 gifts. *sigh* Anyone out there have some cute small ideas? We can fudge the "envelope" size a bit-- as long as there's an envelope in existence that it would fit in, I think I can swing it. :)

No comments: