Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yarn Diet

So I had high hopes of reducing my stash in 2011. The plan was to craft only from my stash until it was at least 50% reduced, and then to only purchase yarn with a specific project in mind AND only when I was ready to start said project.

We're 3 weeks into the year and I've already failed miserably.

It started with Knit Picks. How could they release a beautiful long-repeat yarn in January? And one that had a true rainbow? I've been looking for a reasonably priced rainbow long-repeat yarn for over a year! So yes, I bought 2 skeins of KP Chroma in Prism. Oh fine, and 2 more in Lollipop. Ok fine fine... and I added 3 skeins of Andean Treasure in Heathered Fog because it's beautiful. It is now my favorite yarn ever, so that makes it worth it, right?

Then it was the swaps fault. I'm doing the Magic Yarn Ball Swap on Ravelry again. I had to purchase yarn for it so I went to Eat.Sleep.Knit. and maybe a skein of Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk jumped into the basket too.

Then... ok look. I've been lusting after Pierrot Yarns forever but shipping is too expensive. So when there's a "Lucky Bag" with an AMAZING deal on tons of their best selling yarns and it includes free shipping, how can I NOT buy it? So now I have a huge box (with 62 (!) skeins inside) coming soon.

But now... really really seriously for sure I have to stop buying yarn. Possibly for the rest of the year. I have beautiful yarns that deserve to be used! They will be used!!

Pray for me.

No comments: