Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Off-Topic- Pretty Things, Memories & Fasting


I fell in love with this little set of tea cups at Starbucks several weeks ago. I restrained myself until my sister bought them because she works there, thus her employee discount brought the $15 price down to $10. $10 for three cups seems far more reasonable.

I loved them so much that I bought a set (at the $15 price) for my friend's mom for her birthday this weekend. $15 seems like a reasonable price for three cups when they are a gift. :)

Here's my disappointment: I, for some reason, assumed all the cups would be shaped like the bottom blue one, just smaller. Thus, I thought I would probably use them for bowls of candy or maybe on my desk for little odds & ends. Nope. This is what they look like once separated:



Hmmm... I'm far less enchanted with them now. It looks like they are all probably the same volume, just different shapes. I still like them, but the handle-less-ness is a minor annoyance now. I'mma burn my fingertips drinking out of these! I'm still kinda excited about that blue one, though. It's the perfect shape for matcha, which I love.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a medium green cup of Yogi Peach Detox this morning.



Yummm.

I originally bought it for my mom, who had kidney failure. I ended up liking the spicy quality of it, though, and continued to buy it after mom passed last year. It's pretty yummy, and I think we can all use some detoxing in our lives at some point.



A fun thing about Yogi tea is that the little tag that hangs from the tea bag always has some little quote. Today's is remarkably appropriate:

In order to be remembered, leave nothing behind but goodness.


Today is the 2nd anniversary of the passing of my Uncle Conrad. Like most people I mention here, Con wasn't really my uncle. He's my 2nd maternal cousin's paternal uncle. In any case, Con was freaking awesome. Just a really fun, nice guy who you could never say a bad word about. He absolutely left nothing behind but goodness. He passed pretty suddenly and we all feel a big aching hole now. So, with that, my mom's anniversary coming up and just a lot of stress in general, I'm feeling pretty off my game today. I think I'll have a couple cups of Peach Detox, maybe stick to juices and water the rest of the day. Prayer, fasting and some family time will hopefully turn me back into a normal person.

No comments: